Following is the report presented to our recent Annual General Meeting by the retiring President, Peter Pedersen
I would like to thank all members who have helped out during the last year and to everyone attending today’s AGM. In particular, I would like to thank:
- The outgoing Committee
- Hella Hacket for her work as Treasurer;
- Marianne Attfield for her work as Secretary;
- Rita Wilson for her work as Membership Secretary;
- Øystein Albertsen, Brigit Charles, Nola Cray and Geraldine Pedersen for their ongoing work as committee members;
- Neil Wilson for his work as SCANPOST editor;
- Henry Jensen and Palle Knudsen for their work as maintenance managers;
- Hanne Jepsen for her work as librarian; and
- John Theodorsen for his work as website manager.
It has been a busy year and we have managed to host many events.
- The Busy Bees this year have kept the house and yard looking tidy.
- The Over 50s lunches were well attended.
- The Nordic House Barbeques were very well attended. Special thanksto Palle and Susanne Knudsen for organising the food for the barbecues.
- Christmas church service.
- Children’s Christmas Party and Lucia Parade.
- Sankt Hans Bonfire: thank you to Rita and Neil for organising the hotdogs and drinks.
- Fastelavn was also well attended.
- Christmas in July dinner: many non- members attended so it was a nice chance to show off our club house facilities.
I would like to encourage everyone to become more involved in organising and attending events. The club will only survive if its members put some effort in.
I would like to apologise for Geraldine and myself for not being able to attend today’s meeting. I would also like to advise you all that we will be standing down from our positions in the committee. We will, however, remain members and hope to see you at upcoming events.